The 2017 APPLE PIE & Chili Cook Off
Saturday September 16th 2017
The Chamber Chili Cook Off is a big hit each year. With lots of fun activities for the family, DJ, information about the history of the area and guest speakers that will have you entertained. Not to mention some of the best chili from contestants from all over.
Rules and Regulations
2nd Annual Chili Cook-off
September 16th 2017
1. Homestyle Chili: defined as the cook’s favorite combination of ingredients resulting in a dish seasoned with chili peppers and spices.
2. Chili will be pre-cooked and brought to event. You will have 1 hour to bring it up to temperature and add final touches.
3. You must be at least 18 years old. Minors may participate with direct parental/guardian supervision.
4. Setup begins at 10:00am. Heating of chili begins at 11:00am. Judges will begin tasting at 12:00 noon.
5. Contestants are responsible for supplying all of their own cooking devices, utensils, etc. Electricity will be provided. There will be an area for each contestant.
6. Each contestant must cook a minimum of one gallon of competition chili prepared in one pot which will be submitted for judging. Sharing or splitting Chili for judging with another contestant for the purpose of increasing the number of entries in any event will result in immediate elimination for all parties involved.
7. Each contestant will be assigned a contestant’s number and given judging cups. Please verify that your cups are numbered with your contestant number. Each contestant is responsible to deliver their cups, which must be filled to the bottom of the cup’s rim, to the judging area at the official time for judging.
8. Judges will be told that they should vote for the chili based on the following major
considerations: good chili flavor, texture of the meat, consistency, blend of spices, aroma and color.
Contact Name: _________________________________________________________________
Team/Group Name: _____________________________________________________________
Contact e-mail: ________________________________________________________________
I attest that the above information is correct; that I have read the Chili Cook-Off Rules and regulation; and that I agree to abide by the same. $20 Participation.
____________________________________ _______________________________ Contestant Signature Date ____________________________________ _______________________________ Cook-Off Committee Member Signature Date
Please make checks Payable to PONCCCC
Drop off forms at Umpqua Bank or Wildland Properties
or send to:
Port Orford Chamber
PO Box 637
Port Orford, OR 97465
Contact us at: email@example.com